Who’s ready for spring camping trips? Nothing beats a great campfire, roasting hot dogs, and pairing with a delicious bowl of chili! You’ll love this camping recipe for the world’s best chili and you’ll find it’s perfect for cool spring evenings! With a little bit of preassembly, it goes together even faster.
- 3 Tbs chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Dash of cayenne pepper
If you prefer spicier chili, experiment with the seasonings and increase your cayenne and chili powders and cumin. Enjoy!
- 2 pounds fresh ground beef
- 1 medium-large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 1 (29-ounce) can tomato purée
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- In a 6 quart pot, brown the ground beef with diced pepper, celery, and onion until the meat is fully brown and vegetables are tender. Drain off fat.
- Stir all remaining ingredients together (canned tomato products and beans, seasoning, and meat mixture) and simmer at low heat for 2-4 hours, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Serve with your favorite chili toppings and sides, such as shredded cheese, sour cream, corn bread, corn chips, or crackers.
- Make your seasoning mix ahead of time and keep in a small food storage bag to decrease the amount of space you’re using in your new or used RV’s kitchen pantry!
- Pre-brown your meat and diced vegetables ahead of time, drain, and freeze mixture in a food storage bag. When it’s time to assemble, simply combine remaining ingredients and seasoning, and heat through til warm.
- This recipe also works well in a slow cooker. Brown your meat and diced vegetables, then combine all ingredients in a Crock Pot, heating on low for 3-4 hours.
This is a fantastic camping recipe you’ll love for years to come, and is easy to make while on the road. Contact us today if we can help you pick out the perfect new or used RV for your family’s needs!