If you are planning a camping trip with your family and want to add a little spice to your adventure, check out this delicious camping recipe from Fresh Off The Grid! These Dutch Oven Enchiladas are a delicious, spicy way to change up your usual campground meals. Find your next family RV when you shop the new RVs for sale at Parris RV, and start planning your next big adventure today.
Recipe adapted from FreshOffTheGrid.com
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ red onion, sliced into thin half-moons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 14 oz can enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheese
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 4-6 flour tortillas
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 lime, quartered
- Spig of fresh cilantro
- Build a strong fire to give you plenty of embers to cook over.
Set up your Dutch oven and heat a drizzle of oil over medium heat.
- Add in peppers and sauté for 2-3 minutes, add onions and cook until peppers and onions are soft.
- Sprinkle in garlic, cumin, and salt and stir until the onions and peppers, are coated and the spices are fragrant — no more than 30 seconds. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Remove the Dutch oven from the heat and coat the bottom in 1/2 cup of enchilada sauce.
Make the enchiladas by placing peppers and onion in the center of a tortilla. Add black beans and a sprinkle of cheese, then roll the tortilla around the filling and place in the Dutch oven with the seam down.
- Once you have used all of the tortillas, cover the enchiladas in the remaining sauce and top with cheese.
- Cover and return to the heat by placing it on the grill grate over your fire pit. Cover the lid in coals for even cooking.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with sliced jalapeños, chopped cilantro, and a lime wedge.
Tip: If you need something to counter the heat, add a dollop of sour cream.
We hope this delicious recipe spices up your next camping adventure! Contact us today to find your dream RV.