Looking for a low carb, easy-to-cook meal? RVing can be an adventure, but cooking while in your new RV is another adventure all to itself! Fall is one of our favorite times to RV. Coloring leaves, chilly evenings perfect for campfires, jeans and sweatshirts, and deliciously hot foods… we LOVE it, and we know you do, too!
We wanted to find some a great fall camping recipe for you to enjoy that’s easy to cook with healthy ingredients, so we’re starting with this 4-step recipe that you can take on your next RVing trip! Thanks to “delish,” an awesome recipe catalog, we’ve found the best Classic Stuffed Peppers! The perfect recipe for a variety of fall flavors.
- 1/2 c. uncooked rice
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack
- 6 bell peppers, tops and cores removed
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small saucepan, prepare rice according to package instructions. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Cook onion until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add ground beef and cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Return beef mixture to skillet, then stir in cooked rice and diced tomatoes. Season with oregano, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until liquid has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place peppers cut side-up in a 9″-x-13″ baking dish and drizzle with oil. Spoon beef mixture into each pepper and top with Monterey jack, then cover baking dish with foil.
- Bake until peppers are tender, about 35 minutes. Uncover and bake until cheese is bubbly, 10 minutes more.
It’s really that simple!
If you have any questions about our new RVs for sale, or if you’re on the lookout for more tips and tricks on the RV lifestyle, contact us today. We’ll be happy to help you find the perfect RV. We wish you happy camping and healthy eating from here at Parris RV!