It’s fall, which means we’re all craving warm and toasty! So we’ve come up with a simple, easy camping recipe that your whole family will love during this chilly season. Whether you’re looking for a new RV or you’re a seasoned RVer, we’ve got a recipe for you!
- 2 Shredded Chicken Breasts (you can easily substitute for chicken thighs with great results!)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 8 oz. Mushrooms
- 1 cup Mayo (I use light mayo, but it’s whatever you desire)
- Cheese (Provolone or American, whatever you like and however much you like!)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- Slice the onion and peppers into thin strands, slice the mushrooms. Saute the vegetables until reached the desired tenderness.
- Saute chicken until cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back into the skillet, and the mayo, garlic, and paprika season. Top with cheese and close lid on the skillet until cheese melts.
- Meanwhile, toast the bread rolls.
- To serve, spread mayo over the rolls and top with the chicken veggies and cheese. Eat up!
The best bread to use are hoagie rolls, but you could literally use any bread you have on hand! There you have it, a warm, toasted sandwich that the whole family can enjoy on those chilly evenings by the fire.
There’s nothing like a yummy meal while you’re out camping in the fall season. If you’re still looking for that perfect new RV to start your journey this fall, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We would love to answer any questions that you may have. We hope that you try our yummy camping recipe and that you enjoy it on your camping adventures this season!