Sometimes it’s hard to find healthy yet energy-boosting snacks that are easy to prep for camping trips. Whether you have five kids or you don’t have any, snacks are an essential part of any camping trip. With so many adventures to tackle and so many books to read, it’s always good to have something yummy to munch on. Try the “No Bake Energy Bites” the next time you’re out camping with your new RV…
- Approximately 2 cups Quick Oats
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter (if your family is strictly a smooth peanut butter family, that will work as well!)
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce ( approximately 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- For further enjoyment, try 2 tablespoons of mini chocolate chips to give it an even sweeter taste.
- Put to 2 cups of quick oats in a food processor for 15-30 seconds
- Add peanut butter, applesauce, vanilla extract, and honey
- Pulse in processor until well combined.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips, if desired.
- Roll dough into 7-9 energy bites. Store in a container in the fridge to keep tasty for a few days.
We have VeggieBalance to thank for this perfect camping recipe snack! We know how difficult it can be to prepare snacks ahead of time for camping trips with large families or even small families, ensuring that everyone is full and happy for the best RVing experience. It doesn’t take long to mix up this great camping recipe, so sit back and relax and enjoy the sweet taste of the energy bites!