What’s better than biscuits for breakfast when you’re out in the woods in your new RV, hanging out with family and nature? We wanted to find an easy, 20 minute recipe to make your camping breakfasts delicious without adding too much to the plate. These low-calorie biscuits go great with bacon and eggs, or you can top them off with gravy! And the best part? They only contain 6 ingredients, which means you’ll have more space in your RV pantry for other foods.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup milk (any milk you like, but for less calories, try skim milk or buttermilk)
Cal: 115 cal (with buttermilk)
Carbohydrates: 17.7 g
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Combine flour, baking powder, white sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a knife or fork until mixture resembles crumbs.
- Stir in milk until moistened dough.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll to about 3/4-inch thickness; cut with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter or flip a small cup upside down and create your own shaped biscuits. Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in oven, 10 to 12 minutes.
It’s really that easy! The prep time is about 7 minutes, so you’re looking at a recipe that takes less than 20 minutes to bake. With such a small amount of ingredients and a quick way to bake, you’ll be using this camping recipe over and over again. They are the perfect, fluffy breakfast biscuit, ready to be paired with any breakfast food. And if you love them like we love them, you can always add them to your dinner, as well.
If you haven’t found your perfect RV yet, take a look at all of our new RVs for sale. If you have any questions about our inventory, please contact us today. We’d love to help you find the dream RV for a great price so that you can be on your way to making the best camping breakfast biscuits. We wish you happy camping!